Sunday, November 21, 2010

Roasted Vegetables & Pecans With Soy/Honey Glaze

My original idea was that I would use brussel sprouts for this dish, which I thought would be delicious roasted in the oven with toasted pecans and some kind of a sweet glaze on them. I was originally thinking I would use maple syrup for the sweetness, but then stumbled onto something that tasted much better!

The reason I used cauliflower and carrots was because my dear husband absolutely could not find brussel sprouts at the supermarket (although I swore to him I had just seen them a few days prior, but I digress). This recipe is pretty versatile though relative to what vegetables you use. The glaze is really the star. And, it's super easy.

Equal parts of soy sauce and honey with a couple garlic cloves (minced). Whisk together and voila! Now, how easy is that?



I started with putting my vegetables in a large bowl and drizzling enough olive oil to slightly coat the vegetables. Then, I put salt and some fresh ground pepper over them and mixed them to evenly allocate. I then put them on a cookie sheet and put in the oven at 425 degrees.



The vegetables roasted for 30 minutes (stirred every few minutes for even browning). At the 30 minute mark, I added a handful of whole pecans and drizzled my glaze (enough to coat). From there, I roasted for approximately another 30 minutes (making sure to stir often so the vegetables, etc. didn't burn).

The sauce (glaze) was so yummy that I put it on the table for every one's drizzling pleasure :o).

I also use this glaze on salmon and the flavors work very well together.

1 comment: